Dental implants are incredibly versatile and there are many ways which our dentists at Riverside Dental Care have seen dental implants change lives. However, there are three key ways everyone can benefit from receiving dental implants.
Dental Implants Can Repair Dental Damage
One of the most common reasons people choose to have dental implants is to repair dental damage. Some of the common dental damage which leads to people choosing dental implants are:
- Missing teeth – There are few places in the mouth where a missing tooth will go unnoticed. Whether the tooth is missing due to trauma, post-extraction, or a permanent tooth which never grew in, a dental implant can replace the missing tooth easily.
- Cracked or chipped teeth – If there is a tooth severely cracked or chipped, it may only be a matter of time before it needs to be removed. Stop-gap measures, such as veneers or bonding may hide these damaged teeth, but dental implants are a long-lasting and stronger answer to these issues.
- Dead tooth – A dead tooth will have a gray-to-black color, which can show up clearly next to the more natural color of your teeth. Also, a dead tooth is less strong than a healthy tooth and is more prone to becoming damaged. A dental implant can take the place of a dead tooth and look natural.
This damage is due to a variety of reasons, many of them out of your control. But, no matter how your teeth have become damaged, a dental implant can repair that damage.
Implants Can Support Your Oral Health Best
Dental implants can be a bit pricier than other options when it comes to repairing dental damage. However, our dentists have found that dental implants can support your oral health best when teeth need to be replaced.
- No jawbone loss – Thanks to the titanium post that supports the crown of the dental implant, there is no jawbone density loss, which will occur when there is no tooth to support the bone.
- Fitted to your bite – As each dental implant is custom-made for the individual, the bite will not be impacted. In fact, if the tooth being replaced was damaged or missing for a while, it can be a great relief to have the correct bite once again.
- Anchor for other procedures – There are several dental services our dentists offer which use dental implants to make the dental devices more secure, such as dental bridges and dentures.
Regain Confidence In Your Smile With Dental Implants
It may seem like a lesser reason when compared to the other benefits from dental implants, but confidence in your smile is nothing to take for granted. Our dentists have placed many dental implants and the difference in how people feel about their smile is remarkable. Many of our patients have remarked that they feel like a whole new person, thanks to their repaired smile.
If you are considering dental implants, contact us for a consultation with our dentists. They will be able to help determine if you are a good candidate for a dental implant and cover any concerns you may have. We are looking forward to seeing you at Riverside Dental Care.