A popular and important cosmetic dentistry service we provide at Riverside Dental Care is the placement of veneers. If you are looking for a quick and simple way to correct cosmetic dental problems, then you may be interested in receiving veneers from our expert cosmetic dentists.
What Are Veneers
Veneers are thin, tooth-colored and tooth-shaped covers which are placed over natural teeth to improve the overall smile aesthetic and repair minor dental flaws. Similar to dental crowns in their placement, veneers are generally custom-made for the person who will receive them. This custom-creation ensures that the veneers are the correct color, shape, length, and size. However, veneers are not a replacement for dental crowns or other important dental procedures.
Those who are looking to have veneers placed will need to have healthy teeth, as you do not want to have tooth decay sealed behind the veneer. Healthy gums are also important, as gum disease can cause your gums to recede and expose the part of your teeth not covered by the veneer.
How Veneers Can Improve A Smile
There are several ways in which veneers can improve your smile. Some ways in which veneers help are cosmetic, and others ways are more functional.
- Veneers can fill gaps between teeth.
- Teeth which are resistant to whitening can be covered by veneers for a lighter look.
- Misshapen, worn, cracked, or chipped teeth can be covered and protected by veneers.
- Veneers can alter the alignment of your teeth for a uniform and even appearance.
- Some types of veneers are stain-resistant.
Depending on the type of veneers you choose, there may be different properties which apply to those veneers.
What Types Of Veneers Are Available
Many people don’t realize how many options they have when it comes to what type of veneers they would like to have placed. Below are the various veneer options you will have when you work with our dentists at Riverside Dental Care.
When people think of the polished and sophisticated look which can be achieved by veneers, they are likely thinking of porcelain veneers. This type of veneer is one of the most expensive as they can be made very thin to preserve the natural tooth, and need to be fabricated by a dental lab. Also, porcelain veneers are often the strongest veneers and will last the longest. Due to their excellent qualities, there are many porcelain veneer variants.
Other considerations concerning porcelain veneers:
- You will need to visit with our dentists over multiple appointments to ensure the porcelain veneers are going to be properly fitted and to have your teeth prepped to receive the veneers.
- Depending on different factors, a single porcelain veneer can cost between $925-$2,500.
- Porcelain veneers last from 10-15 years.
- When a porcelain veneer becomes damaged, it needs to be completely replaced, as it cannot be repaired easily.
- You have a greater level of stain-resistance with porcelain veneers than with many other types of veneers.
- Porcelain veneers have a higher hardness than most other veneers.
A common veneer option for those looking for affordable veneers is composite bonding. This type of veneer is directly applied and shaped onto your teeth, rather than being prefabricated then placed on your teeth. The composite resin after being shaped is hardened under a high-intensity light. With its flexible nature, composite veneers can be easily used to fill chips, gaps, and cracks.
Other considerations concerning composite bonding:
- Composite bonding can be placed same-day, unlike many types of veneers. You will need to consult with our dentists before you have the composite veneers placed, but once you make the decision, you can have the veneers placed.
- Part of the popularity of composite veneers is due to their affordability.
- One of the least invasive veneers, composite veneers only require the tooth to be minimally prepped before placing the veneers. This means you can have them removed and choose to just keep your natural teeth.
- These veneers tend to last from 5-7 years.
- Fairly easy to repair or replace composite bonding.
- Composite bonding may not look as natural as some veneer options like porcelain veneers.
Generally, the most expensive types of veneer are feldspathic veneers. These veneers are a type of porcelain which is fabricated by compiling thin layers of porcelain. This process allows the color of each veneer to be carefully controlled as the veneer is shaped, as well as strengthening the veneer overall. (We do provide this service, but it is not a common service.)
Other considerations concerning feldspathic veneers:
- Like porcelain veneers, receiving feldspathic veneers takes multiple visits to receive them. Due to the amount of careful work which goes into them, feldspathic veneers can take longer to have made, depending on how many you need.
- A single feldspathic veneer can cost between $1,000-$3,000.
- These veneers can last anywhere from 5-10 years.
- While the feldspathic veneers may be relatively stain-resistant, they can be prone to chipping with how they are layered.
- You can achieve the most natural look with this type of veneer.
Receive Veneers From Riverside Dental Care
Our dentists have a wide range of experience placing a variety of veneers, so you can feel comfortable with whichever veneers you prefer. If you are interested in receiving veneers or other dental services, contact us so you can set an appointment to consult with our experienced dentists.