When asking patients if they are happy with their smile, nine times out of 10, they indicate that there is something about their smile that they would like changed. The most common things mentioned in our dental office are straighter teeth and a whiter smile.
We all have those things that we are self-conscious about but do you need to live your whole life feeling self-conscious? The short answer is no! If you’re concerned with your smile, many things can be done to help your smile and, in turn, help you reclaim your self-confidence!
Would you say that you are happy and confident with your smile? If not, let us help you!
Benefits Of Smiling
Much research has been done on the benefits of smiling. While smiling can boost your mood and even your confidence, researchers have found that it does much more than that!
1. Smiling can make you look younger. Think of all the things that our society does to look more youthful. Expensive skin products, eating these foods and not those, and drinking our weight in water each day are a few things that claim we will look younger. Your smile is like a mini facelift. A facelift may cost $15,000 or more. Think of how much money you could save just by using your smile!
2. Smiling can make you look thinner. There was actually a study done on this by a student at UMKC. The experiment that was run showed random sad faces on a computer screen. These faces were judged to be heftier than the faces shown. What if you could replace your weight loss products with a smile?
3. Smiling can release cortisol and endorphins. Cortisol and endorphins provide numerous health benefits, including:
- Reduced blood pressure
- A stronger immune system
- Reduced stress
- Reduced pain
4. When you smile, you can improve your positivity. Did you know that your brain can be retrained by doing something repeatedly? So if you smile often, you can make positivity the new standard in your life.
5. Smiling may increase your productivity. Productivity is an essential component of work. If you aren’t feeling very productive, this can cause stress. Stress will probably lead to less productivity. As we have seen above, smiling can release cortisol and endorphins that help to lower stress. Smiling can help you remove any negative emotions that you may be experiencing and keep you moving forward in life.
Our Smile Makeovers
At Riverside Dental Care, we want to see you smile. We know how beneficial smiling can be for your oral and overall health. Our skilled team of dentists specializes in crowns, veneers, bonding, dental implants, teeth whitening, and other cosmetic procedures. Whether it’s a chipped tooth or a discoloration of your teeth that makes you feel self-conscious, our dental team is here to help you restore your smile and bring back your confidence.
Over the years, our office has also been doing smile makeovers to give back to and help our community. Our annual smile makeover giveaway is a fantastic event. We allow people to nominate people they think could benefit from our $10,000 smile makeover giveaway.
From broken front teeth to a restored smile that looks like the original, we have been helping many restore what has been missing in their life.
Do you want to learn more about our smile makeovers for yourself or for someone you love? Visit our before-and-after smile gallery to see some of our past winners and how they now have a beautifully restored smile!
Contact us today for more information.