Learn how to prioritize your family’s oral health with expert advice from Riverside Dental in St. George, UT. From establishing healthy dental habits for kids to addressing common concerns for adults, this blog offers practical tips and insights to ensure your entire family maintains sparkling smiles.
Understanding the Basics
Wear and tear, changes in oral health, and the effects of aging on teeth and gums all contribute to the need for additional dental work as we get older. If you create good dental habits young, you can avoid more invasive dental procedures as you age. Basic dental habits include
- Brushing Twice a Day
- Brushing twice a day may seem like a simple chore, but it is frequently overlooked. Developing a morning and evening brushing habit is the best way to get rid of the sense that brushing is a job. The more you do it, the faster it will become a habit that your brain can’t forget. Being conscious of a task is the first step towards making it automatic. If you can make brushing twice a day an automatic habit, your risk of tooth decay or gum disease dramatically decreases.
- Daily Flossing
- Developing the practice of flossing is similar to that of brushing, albeit it may need more effort for certain individuals. Flossing is crucial for preventing cavities and maintaining the strength and health of your teeth over time. There’s more to flossing than just inserting the floss into the crevice between your teeth and taking it out. If you take the time to move the floss up both sides of the gum lines that come down over each tooth, it will require a little more effort and be far more useful. The dentist at Riverside Dental would be pleased to provide you with a thorough instruction on appropriate flossing methods if you’re not sure how to do this.
- Using Flouride Mouth Rinse
- Swishing with a fluoride rinse before bed is an excellent preventative tool for cavities. It does not, however, replace brushing and flossing, and it performs less well if your teeth are not cleaned first. As a general guideline, rinse your mouth with a fluoride rinse after brushing for at least one minute and wait 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything.
- Visiting the Dentist Regularly
- It is advised that you have a dental cleaning every six months. Basic teeth cleaning procedures help to clean out the hard-to-reach areas that you may not notice you’re missing. Plus, it’s the best way for the dentist to check for cavities and dental decay on a regular basis.
- If you need a more serious procedure, such as a crown, bridge, or implant, it’s important to catch it early so the dental work is less invasive and there’s a quick recovery time. To catch these types of issues early, you have to go to the dentist!
- Periodontal disease, another name for gum disease, is a serious illness that needs to be treated. It’s way easier to treat this early on, so once again, it’s important to go to the dentist regularly so your dentist can keep an eye on your teeth and gums.
- Addressing Issues as They Come
- There is potential for various dental problems to occur, which is why there are so many instruments and solutions available! The staff at Riverside Dental is prepared for any dental issue, from a straightforward cavity to an abscessed tooth, chipped, or broken teeth. With their advanced technology and careful training, the team has no difficulty they can’t overcome.
Beyond the Basics
Our smiles are a vital aspect of who we are. When we smile, not only do we booste our own spirits but we also radiate positive energy toward others. Especially if we love our teeth! Rather than going through life with your smile hidden behind closed lips, visit Riverside Dental Care to discuss your cosmetic options! Nowadays, there are a variety of cosmetic dental procedures that all work to improve the aesthetics of the teeth and mouth. The dentists at Riverside Dental will collaborate with you to create a plan to achieve the smile you have always dreamed of. If you find yourself wishing your teeth were
- A different size, shape, or straighter
- Filled in with no gaps
- Whiter, brighter, and even in color
- Healthy with every tooth in tact
Then a cosmetic procedure could be right for you! At Riverside Dental Care, there are plenty of cosmetic procedures available. These include
- Teeth Whitening
- Whether you want all of your teeth whitened, or only a few discolored ones, Riverside Dental can take care of you. Plus, the dentists are experts at color matching in order to create a natural look.
- Reshaping teeth can involve gently shaving down uneven, chipped, or jagged teeth, or using composite material to fill in and even the teeth out. The dentists at Riverside will work with you to determine the best course of action for your specific desires.
- Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by a professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
- Crowns are used to restore crumbling teeth or teeth that are beyond repair. With a crown, you can rely on your teeth again and feel confident in your looks!
- Gum Lift
- A gum lift involves reshaping your gums to your desires. The majority of the time the procedure is for taking away excess gum. While it sounds daunting, the procedure is not very invasive and has quick recovery time.
Family Dental Care
By learning healthy dental habits like brushing twice a day, flossing, and going to the dentist regularly, you can ensure the longevity of your teeth and mouth. It’s incredibly important to make these basic habits automatic, so you never skip a night or miss an appointment! The more attention you give to your teeth, the longer they will stay bright and healthy. Yet, if your ever find yourself unhappy with the way your teeth look, or you need to restore their health in any way, Riverside Dental Care also offers a variety of cosmetic procedures. Give Riverside Dental a call today to schedule a consultation so you can create a dental plan that gets you the smile you’ve always wanted!